Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone fancy joining my "We've found a lump" journey?

(4 Posts)
TwitterQueen1 Fri 10-Mar-17 15:13:48

Except it's apparently a 'mass', which sounds bigger.

I've had a huge, distended stomach for weeks now and have very breathless. An ultrasound yesterday revealed litres of fluid on stomach and in lungs. More worrying is the 'mass', which is quite big apparently.

Have been in assessment for 5 hours and now waiting to be admitted, though what they'll be able to do on a Friday I don't know.

More updates to follow. Do share if you are in a similar position.

AuldHeathen Fri 10-Mar-17 16:06:11

I am so sorry you are going through this, TQ. Like everyone, I hope you find out soon it's not as serious as feared. I hope too you are helped to be comfortable in hospital. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

1234hello Fri 10-Mar-17 17:59:34

The LACIES thread might be helpful to you OP, they are lovely and very happy to handhold while tests are being done. I'm not sure how to link but if you look in this general health section you will find them.

Very best wishes to you flowers

1234hello Fri 10-Mar-17 18:02:15

Don't be alarmed or put off by the word cancer in the title....

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2816118-CANCER-SUPPORT-THREAD-58-New-thread-new-year-but-the-lacies-are-still-here-Please-join-us-if-you-have-any-sort-of-cancer-or-are-waiting-for-test-results

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now