Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone good with skin disorders?

(14 Posts)
CalineF Thu 09-Mar-17 21:03:14

I have that 'mole' under my left shoulder blade - where the bras' strap rub in - which is dry, flaky, itchy and over half a centimetre. Its surface is rough and scabby. Should I be concerned?
I have another two on my back, but they are very much smaller.

NanTheWiser Thu 09-Mar-17 23:03:09

It's probably a sebhorreic keratosis, unsightly but quite harmless. They often appear where the skin is rubbed - e.g. your bra strap, and tend to appear as you age. I'm 70 and have loads on my torso, and under my bra strap too! No harm in getting it checked by your GP, if you're worried, for peace of mind.

user1484603141 Thu 09-Mar-17 23:12:53

I havery a few, mostly on my scalp, docs said that are cauliflower warts, treated one with the dry ice stuff but it didn't go away. Just keep an eye out in case they get bigger or change colour.

CalineF Thu 09-Mar-17 23:51:35

Thank you. smile
Yes, I will keep an eye on the one in the photo as it has gone bigger and darker in the middle. I'll take more pictures in a month time.
I believed I had a large one like that five years ago and it flaked away. Or is it my imagination. hmm It was just after giving birth, so I was exhausted.

CalineF Thu 09-Mar-17 23:58:22

@user1484603141 It is called liquid nitrogen ;-)

HarrisN88 Sat 11-Mar-17 01:28:38

Anyone know what kind of rash this is?

AcrossthePond55 Sat 11-Mar-17 04:13:47

Harris Could be Dermatitis Herpetiformis or possibly a Bullous dermatitis.

You need to get that looked at. DH is a form of Celiac Disease, Bullous is also an auto-immune disease.

CalineF Sun 12-Mar-17 22:07:04

@HarrisN88 I am not sure. Could it be some sort of psoriasis?

pieceofpurplesky Sun 12-Mar-17 23:14:59

Harris that look very much like the psoriasis that I get

Ellapaella Tue 14-Mar-17 18:34:14

Op you say it's got darker in the middle so it's changed recently - don't wait a month, just go and see your GP and get it looked at. If any lesion starts to change it needs assessing.

NavyandWhite Tue 14-Mar-17 19:11:52

Harris yours looks like psoriasis to me. It's not dermatitis herpetiformis. I have it unfortunately so I'm an expert on the bugger. DH tends to look like mosquito bites or even flea bites. It's also extremely itchy. Have you seen your GP?

hairymuffet Tue 14-Mar-17 21:05:40

Seborrheic keratosis

CalineF Wed 15-Mar-17 00:13:35

@Ellapaella I have an appointment with GP this Monday. Thank you.

Orangebird69 Wed 15-Mar-17 00:16:17

Seborrheic keratosis. Your GP should refer you to a dermatologist and you can have it frozen. I had this done in October. Pretty painless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now