Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you ask for the previous tenants' carpet to be removed?

(7 Posts)
CalineF Wed 08-Mar-17 22:52:31

Should you and your young children be offered to move into a newly built property. Would you ask your landlord to remove the two years wool carpet in the bedrooms, knowing the previous tenants were using/growing drug before being jailed?

Whisky2014 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:55:37

Mmm no. I'd ask for it to be professionaly cleaned.

Neverknowing Wed 08-Mar-17 22:57:09

Same as whisky but ask for proof it's been cleaned. My landlord said our flat had been professionally cleaned and there's no way it was!!

CalineF Wed 08-Mar-17 22:57:59

Yeah. I was thinking about that. But apparently, flooring in the bedrooms are the tenants' responsibilities.

5OBalesofHay Wed 08-Mar-17 22:59:12

Are the carpets in good condition? If yes then why would you throw them out? If not then yes if they won't clean up then they need replacing. You will not get high off them but clean if you feel the need for peace of mind

Neverknowing Wed 08-Mar-17 23:11:56

Even if it's your responsibility, surely it's their responsibility to make it clean before you move in?

CalineF Wed 08-Mar-17 23:18:43

You are all right.
If our landlord removes the previous owner's carpet in the three double bedrooms, laying a new floor in each of the room will be expensive. Whereas, professionally cleaning them may save our family a lot of money. I was just wondering if there could be chances some drug particles could get stuck in the short pile wool, get into tiny fingers and then to exploring mouths.
Thanks. I needed some enlightenment smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now