Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Genital Warts and pregnancy

(11 Posts)
Toocleverformyowngood Tue 07-Mar-17 23:14:30

So as expected I've had an outbreak of the things & also skin tags too!

Going to the clinic tomorrow to have them frozen off which is so much more painful than I ever remember!

If they come back before baby is born, it's okay yeah??

lizi311 Tue 07-Mar-17 23:18:39

Hi. Ive had these on/off for years (not sexually transmitted. Just my body being silly). I gave birth to my 1st born (now 3) whilst having them with no issues 😊 had them frozen a few month ago and now 6wk +5 into my 2nd pregnancy and a couple have re-appeared

lizi311 Tue 07-Mar-17 23:20:00

Though mine are just a couple of tags on the outside im unsure about if theyre inside x

Toocleverformyowngood Tue 07-Mar-17 23:25:40

Mine aren't sexually transmitted either.

I've managed to keep mine away but since falling pregnant I've got loads!

lizi311 Tue 07-Mar-17 23:47:44

My 2nd lot came with pregnancy too. Im going to book in for them freezing. Though i wouldnt be worried. I had no issues giving birth with them when i had my 1st child and i had more then than i do now x

Leggit Tue 07-Mar-17 23:52:26

Non sexually transmitted confused

lizi311 Tue 07-Mar-17 23:57:37

Not all are sexually transmitted. Ive been prone to skin tags on my lady parts before i was even sexually active. They then disappeared a couple years then came back with my 1st pregnancy. Then i had them frozen and, again, theyre back with my 2nd pregnancy

crazycatgal Tue 07-Mar-17 23:57:52

Genital warts are sexually transmitted...

Xoticdreamz Wed 08-Mar-17 00:14:14

As far as I was awar genital warts come from certain strains of HPV virus and are sexually transmitted.
Often appearing in pregnancy as your immune system is weaker to fight them off .
I also had colposcopy treatment and abnormal smears . I still had done when I gave birth to my second child without any issue and then they disappeared by themselves. Didn't realise occur in my 3rd pregnancy although I was sure they would .
By the way the strain of virus that causes the warts are not the same strain that are must linked to cancer .. I would not want to worry anyone.

Xoticdreamz Wed 08-Mar-17 00:14:54

I should have proof read , sorry , it's late !

Leggit Wed 08-Mar-17 00:15:26

Not all are sexually transmitted. Ive been prone to skin tags on my lady parts before i was even sexually active. But skin tags and genital warts are not the same thing confused

Genital warts ARE sexually transmitted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now