Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sinusitis

(5 Posts)
MissCalamity Mon 06-Mar-17 19:46:27

I think I may have Sinusitis. I have a cold, sore throat & tickly cough.
My head feels like a lead balloon & my face around my t-zone & cheeks really hurts.
I'm seeing the nurse at the doctors for something else tomorrow, should I also mention this to see if I can get anti biotics as I've had this for almost a week now & it doesn't seem to be shifting.

Feel guilty as I've taken today off sick, but really feel like I'd struggle at work. Desk job not physical bit it's really knocked me for six. sad

Comps83 Mon 06-Mar-17 20:17:32

Worth mentioning
I had it once but waited and it went away on its own, I'd had a cold and then got sinusitis off the back of it. Knew it wasn't just the cold because the snot turned neon green like I'd never seen before !

SleepingBooty Mon 06-Mar-17 20:20:58

I had during my last cold, my sympathies. I steamed my head for 20 minutes every day until I'd cleared it.

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 06-Mar-17 20:23:06

It's the worst! I used to get it every time I had a bad cold and felt like my face was going to explode.

Sudafed is great and tonight while you wait for your appointment I'd steam your face which loosens things up. Bowl of boiling hot water, towel over your head. Stick some oilbas oil or vix in it if you have some.

MissCalamity Mon 06-Mar-17 21:47:29

I hate waking up feeling exactly the same, I don't do "ill" very well!
I have olbas oil & vicks, will give anything a go at the moment, didn't know if I was being a bit of a wuss not going to work blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now