We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Norethisterone to stop period

(2 Posts)
TygerLilly Sun 05-Mar-17 16:04:46

Hi right this weekend I went away. Back today. Started my period very late into the night Wednesday around 10pm.
Couldn't get an early appointment with the nurse till the Friday and yes I had been trying all week. So by the time she gave me the prescription I had been bleeding a usual moderate flow. For two days. Took the 3 tabs on Friday and bleeding stopped by the end of that day. 2 tabs on Saturday and then knew that I no longer needed to take any as I was due to come home.

No I didn't tell the nurse I was already bleeding as I didn't want her to refuse to give me it. I usually have two days of moderate flow then flood for 3 then straight to light and stop. And no way could I cope with a flood while being on the road.
So it's been 24 hours since no tabs. I am now getting period pain again. Will the bleeding start again or nothing till next time? Has anyone taken this tab in the beginning days of a period??

BG2015 Tue 07-Mar-17 03:29:53

Yes! It takes about 2 days for bleeding to stop once I start taking them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now