Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ovaries feel like they are going to explode

(6 Posts)
Angiewinson1976 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:41:48

For 7 days I've had very low pains feels like my ovaries are gonna explode.... lots of pressure when standing or walking. I'm 40 and on a pill where I have no period... but every 3 to 4 months I get this... this time though it's been so painful I was signed off.. blood tests and urine test normal.

YouJumpIJumpJack Fri 03-Mar-17 20:52:15

I get this sometimes and I have cysts on my ovaries. Speaking to my consultant last year, he suggested the sporadic pains I got in that area was to do with these.

It might be worth mentioning to your gp though.

Angiewinson1976 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:02:58

My boobs have also been really tender especially my nipple... I've done 3 pregnancy tests today and all negative.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 03-Mar-17 21:09:19

At the risk of sounding a bit woo, I had huge ovarian cysts and was booked in for surgery to have them removed.

I went to a reflexologist a few weeks before and she asked specifically if I had issues with ovaries while she was doing what she does.
I confirmed this, she carried on.

Went for my op, they didn't scan me before, but once I was under they found no cysts at all. My theory is that somehow the reflexology got rid of them (I don't pretend to know how it works). Just wish they'd scanned before surgery!

So if you do have cysts I would recommend looking into this possibility before surgery, just in case.

Hope you get to the bottom of things either way.

Angiewinson1976 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:29:03

I'm just glad there's others who know what I mean when I say my ovaries feel like they are going to explode!!!!.....

Angiewinson1976 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:30:21

What about menopause..... I shouldn't Google too much but looking for possible symptoms!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now