Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

CT scan after pneumonia and recall on mammogram double whammy

(12 Posts)
Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 02-Mar-17 19:12:41

What a bloody day! Had a recall letter from my second routine mammogram (Age 50) which has sent me into a tail spin. That's next Tuesday.
Then this afternoon had a follow up appointment with respiratory consultant after I was hospitalised with pneumonia over Christmas. The X-ray shows some shadowing still and it's not quite clear. He wants to be sure this is scarring and 'nothing else'....he's going to book this in for a months time. The nurse who did my bloods was very reassuring and said he would have sent me quicker for a CT scan had it been anything more sinister. Not sure which thing to worry about more. I was so pleased with my recovery from pneumonia. It was a bad bout and I was in for 8 days on oxygen and steroids IV fluids and antibiotics but feel pretty much back normal with some tiredness still and slight breathlessness on any exertion.
I'm panicking- anyone got any reassuring words?

noeuf Thu 02-Mar-17 19:36:17

Gosh you must be so worried. Mention the X-ray on Tuesday and just try to keep calm and whatever the issues they have been picked up early. Good luck

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 02-Mar-17 19:37:50

Yes will mention it on Tuesday, might ring them tomorrow about it just to see if any cancellations!

Testiclay Thu 02-Mar-17 19:42:13

Just remember that an overwhelming majority of women who get recalled from screening don't have breast cancer.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 02-Mar-17 19:52:34

Yes was just panicking about the X-ray results from the pneumonia and hoping the two aren't in any way related. I feel fine, just scared

noeuf Thu 02-Mar-17 19:53:59

Of course you are and I would be the same. I don't think you can do much more than try to take control where you can.

Ring re: cancellations

Sit and make a list of questions for both

Ring the pneumonia consultant and tell him about the mammogram and see if the scan can be brought forward

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 02-Mar-17 20:09:31

Yes the pneumonia consultant knows about the mammogram but still said one month. Will try and speak to both tomorrow

noeuf Thu 02-Mar-17 20:15:40

So that's a bit less terrifying then? Maybe he sees them as completely unrelated.

Whatever you do don't bloody Google.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 02-Mar-17 20:26:39

Ha ha- too late!!! I feel decrepit! Very frustrating as I've felt great in the last couple of weeks- the pneumonia really knocks you off your feet so I was feeling great that I'd recovered so well 😞

noeuf Thu 02-Mar-17 20:38:00

Stop now fgs. You'll be a nervous wreck by Tuesday.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Tue 07-Mar-17 16:14:05

So went for the recall and had another mammogram and ultrasound as they've found a very small calcification on my right breast. They carried out a biopsy which took ages as they could hardly find the right spot...
I've got to wait another week for the biopsy results. Any advice or positive stories greatly appreciated.

FuckyNell Sun 12-Mar-17 22:51:30

How're you op? Hope your results come back ok flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now