Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mammogram - Return for further tests

(2 Posts)
user1488329335 Wed 01-Mar-17 00:53:25

Hi,

First time on this site and personally not a mum or female but hope it's still allowed.

Mum had breast cancer at 36 (10 years ago) and after 3 operations and a breast reconstruction thankfully made it and has been fine since. She had her yearly mammogram on the other breast last week and today we've received a letter with an appointment for Thursday for further tests and another mammogram and ultrasound.

We are really nervous and anxious. Just really worried incase she has cancer again. Not 100% sure why I've posted but hope everything is all fine on Thursday but we're worried sick.

babyboomersrock Wed 01-Mar-17 11:51:16

Hi - just letting you know I'll be thinking about you and your mother tomorrow and hoping all is well. There are loads of people on here in similar situations - your post won't have been ignored; it's just that not everyone looks in the health section.

They'll be taking no chances with your mum's health - I hope it isn't a recurrence but remember that even if it is, they've most likely detected it early and that treatment options are improving all the time.

Take care flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now