Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Symptoms of low blood sugar?

(5 Posts)
MaQueen Tue 28-Feb-17 20:10:06

I didn't get chance to eat much on Sunday. Sunday evening, I was just watching TV when my head went all swimmy, I broke out in a cold sweat and I instantly felt ravenously hungry. Never experienced anything like it before.

I'm thinking just low blood sugar, maybe?

NannyR Tue 28-Feb-17 20:13:38

I didn't think it was possible to have a hypo unless you were injecting insulin. Your body is pretty good at keeping your blood sugars stable.

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Wed 01-Mar-17 10:26:00

DD2 gets low blood sugar as part of another condition (not diabetes), so yes, it does happen

PollyPerky Wed 01-Mar-17 12:58:53

Our blood sugar levels go up and down all day long. That's why eating sugar and refined carbs a lot of the day is so bad because long term it puts the pancreas under strain to cope with the rises.

OP you can buy blood sugar monitors at pharmacies and online if you want to check your own.

Sounds as if you were just very hungry. I'd not overthink it- I feel sick when I've not eaten for hours but I don't dwell on it or imagine it's a medical issue, just that I need some food!

flutterby77 Wed 01-Mar-17 19:41:04

My son gets cold clammy and sleepy when he has a hypo. He doesn't have diabetes but is prone to hypoglycaemia when he doesn't eat much and overnight due to low muscle mass. Sounds like you didn't eat enough and your body was telling you so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now