Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

48 hour headache

(4 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Sun 26-Feb-17 16:51:17

I've had a headache centred just above my right eyebrow for 48 hours now and with it I've had some visual disturbance. I've taken pain relief and it eases but doesn't completely go and the visual disturbance remains. I don't think its dehydration or anything obvious causing it. Shall I phone my GP tomorrow if I still gave it? I have a tendency to worry too much about headaches as I had a bleed on my brain leading to seizures after what felt like a normal virus so can't tell if I should get checked over or not!

duzzlightyearsmum Sun 26-Feb-17 17:19:24

should add that both DC have had stomach bugs this week which is the sort of virus it started off as on the previous incident and then gave md a headache and escalated very quickly to intensive care treatment!

duzzlightyearsmum Sun 26-Feb-17 21:30:16

Bump

zen1 Sun 26-Feb-17 22:34:15

Not a medic, but if you have history of a bleed on the brain, I would definitely get it checked out. Having said that, it does sound like it could be a migraine (do you suffer with those?). In your position, I would probably give NHS 111 a call and explain your symptoms and history. They may well err on the side of caution and ask you to see out of hours for a check-up. Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now