Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please tell me it's just a bug or pmt?

(18 Posts)
HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 26-Feb-17 15:39:41

I have quite complex health (lupus) but slightly worried.
Had lower left cramping/squeezing pain in my abdo & back ache, got worse about 3am and continually bad now. I was also shivery and cold, took painkillers & slept for a bit, I'm a few days late for period so putting it down to that.
Come 11am my whole body is throbbing but mainly pain still abdo/back and shivery but doesn't feel like I've a temp. Been sick a few times.
Out all of this the abdo pain is the worse.

Unrelated but 2 weeks ago had wisdom tooth removal but then had an infection & dry root, I'm on second course of antibiotics as isn't clearing & still very painful so don't know is that making me more aware of pain?

Had a cyst before and feels like that but the combination of symptoms making me think it's just a virus but I feel really scared which is weird for me :/

Please reassure me sad

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 26-Feb-17 15:42:09

*dry socket blush

Lying in bed trying to occupy myself & not think of the pain & keeping away from Google.

cheesecadet Sun 26-Feb-17 15:58:37

What antibiotics are you on, could it be a reaction to that? Have you reacted to antibiotics before? It's common for lupus patients to have an allergy to them.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 26-Feb-17 16:01:01

Amoxicillin, I've had them a few times with no reaction, second lot but mouth still feels no better

Burntbum Sun 26-Feb-17 16:01:05

Is there any chance you could be pregnant?

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 26-Feb-17 16:01:41

That's what I thought maybe as I'm never late so will test tomorrow

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 26-Feb-17 17:44:11

Debating Drs on call, bath not easing it. Feel like a hyperchondriac

cheesecadet Sun 26-Feb-17 18:25:48

Yes out of hours, could it be an ectopic pregnancy?

Burntbum Sun 26-Feb-17 21:10:17

How are you feeling now?

lougle Sun 26-Feb-17 21:19:39

Can you phone out of hours, please?
Would you say your main symptoms are abdominal pain, vomiting, shivering, feeling cold and feeling scared?

Have you noticed any change in your breathing at all?
What about your heart rate? If you turn your wrist over and feel your pulse, how many beats per minute?

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 27-Feb-17 01:34:27

Rang out of hours, got sent straight to A&E, sepsis but they don't know the source but think it's bowel related.
Heart rate 149, low bp, high temp.
On 3 IV antibiotics, had scan & on morphine drip.
Ectopic ruled out thank goodness

bonzo77 Mon 27-Feb-17 01:38:56

We can be middle of the night iv antibiotics buddies. I'm in too. Pid probably from my coil. How are feeling? Did you get some decent painkillers?

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 27-Feb-17 01:57:18

Aw bless you! Hope you get a speedy recovery flowers I've heard pid is horrific pain.
IV morphine on a syringe driver but making me sick sad lot better than before.
What about you?

bonzo77 Mon 27-Feb-17 03:31:53

Pain much better after ibuprofen and cocodamol. Been in terrible pain all week so huge relief. I thought I was constipated till I spiked a fever! And massive doses of antibiotics. Nurses fretting over my very low blood pressure, but I think it's normal for especially when half asleep! Have lost so much sleep this week and now some one is snoring in the next bed, and all the bleeping and obs. Really really want to get home tomorrow. Miss the kids: never been away from the youngest over night before. Oldest is feeling confused and worried as I've been home with them all weekend as DH working. Oldest had to do lots to try to help me and was so good but kept asking if I felt better. Then I took him to his club this afternoon and was too ill to get him. Had to ask a friend so that would have surprised and worried him, and then by the time DH collected him (I called him home from work) I was here. Poor kiddo. He's 7 next week.

lougle Mon 27-Feb-17 11:35:24

I thought it was sepsis. I'm glad you're in the right place. flowers

lougle Mon 27-Feb-17 11:37:29

Just as a note for anyone reading, feeling unusually scared is a red flag sign of sepsis.

bluetongue Mon 27-Feb-17 11:45:22

Thought it might be sepsis but didn't know about feeling scared being a symptom.

Hope you're on the mend OP.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 27-Feb-17 11:58:42

I didn't know that was a sign either! Thank you all for your help.
Had a rough night but feeling a lot more human today.
Thanks for telling me to get checked out blushflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now