Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotting in the middle of the month

(4 Posts)
MrsMulder Sun 26-Feb-17 14:40:58

Hi, I have had some very light pink spotting this month, due on in about a week and a half. I know there is a thing where you can spot around ovulation but I was just wondering if I should book to see the GP about it or wait and see if it was a one off? My smear tests are up to date and the last one was clear. I do have an under active thyroid so also wondering if the spotting can be something to do with that as well? Any advice/ experiences would be appreciated

JamesDelaneysHat Sun 26-Feb-17 16:04:08

I was just about to post a similar thread when I saw yours mrsmulder! Last month I had a very early (for me) period, a 21/22 day cycle when it's normally anything between 27-31 days! According to my period tracking app I should be 14 days of my next period but I've literally just had a strange brownish/pink discharge (like the end of a period) Apols for the TMI. This is really unusual for me. I'm 41 and just wondering if these are age related changes. How old are you? I'm not having any other symptoms- no pain etc although am somewhat more horny hormonal than normal so wondering if this is my body's last ditch attempt at being fertile! shock . It's all a bit strange!

JamesDelaneysHat Sun 26-Feb-17 16:17:24

Just to add, I'm also low carbing so don't know if that could have an effect?!

MrsMulder Sun 26-Feb-17 16:26:02

Funny you say about being more hormonal! My boobs have been really sore this month until the spotting a few days ago. They have settled down since. I am 38 so could well be age I suppose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now