Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Horrendous period pains, is this what I'm in for now?

(1 Post)
CrieffBobsledTeam Sun 26-Feb-17 10:04:43

I used to get really bad period pains as a teen and was on Ponstan for a few years, but when I got into my 20s it seemed to settle down. Always had one crampy day but could easily cope with Panadol and eventually discovered that tampons we're making it worse so stopping those helped hugely.
I'm 42 now & last night was woken up with cramps worse than I've ever had, apart from labour. They were genuinely like contractions, about every 2-3 minutes. I wanted to go to the bathroom and literally had to wait till one was over to get up and go. After about an hour they subsided and I was able to go back to sleep. A quick google suggests they can get worse in your 40s but I wondered if I should treat this as a one-off or if this (or worse?!) is what I should expect now, and see my GP about a return to Ponstan. Anyone experienced similar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now