Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could this be a sinus infection?

(5 Posts)
HuckleberryGin Sat 25-Feb-17 22:03:18

Had a strange cold, where my nose felt blocked, but further up than normal. Dizzy, feel proper rough. I've got constantly watering eyes which I think is blocked year ducts. It can happen with a sinus infection apparently. I don't have loads of pain, but weird feeling across my nose and cheeks. Bubbling? It's worse with glasses on.

dudsville Sat 25-Feb-17 22:17:42

I suppose it could be and one way to test it is to take a decongestant. I get sinus infections frequently and only get the odd pain rather than any ongoing discomfort so your symptoms sound similar to what I get except that I also get a raging sore throat to clue me in.

daimbar Sat 25-Feb-17 22:19:52

Can you smell anything? I have had a sinus infection twice and both times completely lost my sense of smell for over a week.

Lots of thick green mucus is also a sign (grim I know - sorry)

HuckleberryGin Sat 25-Feb-17 22:28:39

No mucus. There is so pain. It feels like when I used to do somersaults in the swimming pool underwater as a kid.

Comedyusername Sun 26-Feb-17 00:23:01

Try a sudafed. They are the only thing that clears sinus pain for me. I always get pain across the top of my cheeks and across my forehead. Neither paracetamol nor ibuprofen can shift it.

My husband once had a sinus infection with bright yellow watery liquid leaking from his nose. We went to A&E - I thought his brain was leaking out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now