Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy breasts

(6 Posts)
Char22thom Sat 25-Feb-17 21:51:54

I've recently (last week or 2) started to have really itchy breasts, at the bottom where they hang over my ribs (sorry tmi lol) it's a different times, but esp when I take my bra off. Any ideas? Have checked my breasts and no sign of lumps or anything like that xx

TinselTwins Sat 25-Feb-17 21:53:07

Lumps aren't the only signs of problems, any breast changes best checked by GP, probably thrush so don't worry

lovechocolate123 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:53:19

Could your bra be a bit tight or have you changed washing powder ?

AshesandDust Sat 25-Feb-17 22:19:48

Could be caused by the heat under the breasts, you could try using a cotton bra, see if it helps.
As an aside a lot of hypothyroid women say they have itchy boobs.

Mintygreen Sun 26-Feb-17 14:23:48

Most probably a fungal infection if it itches under the breasts. An antifungal cream from the chemist will sort it out.

araclouise Sun 05-Mar-17 03:23:02

Oh god that's what I had ! Started off really itchy exactly where yours are ! I developed a fungus then . I had it for 6 bloody months it was awful the itching was unbearable !!! After all the creams and steroid creams antibiotics even off the docter nothing cleansed it up apart from coconut oil ! That stuff gets rid of everything so if it does develop into a rash try that xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now