Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please help me sleep

(3 Posts)
Imissmyboy Sat 25-Feb-17 07:19:49

isleeping always feel tired. I know this has a lot to do with lifestyle....I get up most days at 5.15 am and am on the go until around 8pm, when I have a couple of hours in front of TV.
I go to bed 10ish and read for 30/40 minutes.
I fall asleep almost straight away, but wake at around 2 am and can't get back to sleep so I start the day tired.
Nytol and other herbal remedies don't work, nor does Lavendar spray. Counting sheep doesn't work ( they all mis behave!!!!)
I need something to break this cycle. Please!

SorrelSoup Sat 25-Feb-17 07:26:54

I often find myself in this situation and it's normally psychological. If I can solve whatever is on my mind, I can normally sleep. I think you're going to bed at the right time. I use ear plugs which really help. Sometimes just acceptance that this will pass in a week or so. Other times tell yourself that just lying there resting your body is good enough. This can stop me getting stressed about not sleeping and I can drop off.

Silver17 Sat 25-Feb-17 08:40:30

Try Sominex. But not the herbal ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now