Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Pap results borderline changes and HPV

(5 Posts)
Scarftown Fri 24-Feb-17 19:20:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IllMetByMoonlight Fri 24-Feb-17 19:29:34

Watching with interest! I have wondered about this too, as DPs ex developed cervical cancer (approx 10 years ago, and thankfully fully recovered), but no health professional I have spoken to concerning possible implications for my health has been able to tell me anything.

IllMetByMoonlight Fri 24-Feb-17 19:34:35

Posted too soon.
In the meantime, I hope you are able to find some peace of mind, and not to worry until you have more information. Wishing you well flowers

Scarftown Fri 24-Feb-17 20:19:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BelaLug0si Fri 24-Feb-17 23:14:26

HPV can be transmitted by skin to skin contact, so using condoms doesn't protect against it. It is very common virus, most people have had HPV infection of some type in their lives.
I've given some links you might find helpful, mostly from the colposcopists' association website. Borderline changes results are about 4-5% of all test results.
From the BSCCP website:
Info about HPV here
Info about colposcopy
Info about what smear test results mean

From NHS choices HPV transmission

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: