Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How to get a doctor's note with D&V bug

(3 Posts)
Fluffylittleraccoon Fri 24-Feb-17 13:09:42

Hi,

I've never had reason to get a doctor's note before, but I'm a little concerned I might need one on Monday. I've had a horrible bug for almost a week and have been off work. I can self-certify for one week but then need a note. So I'll need a note from Monday. But at the moment I'm vomiting and have had the runs. If this continues, I don't really want to be in a waiting room to see a doctor. Will they issue a note if I call? I've tried ringing reception today, but they're closed this afternoon for training. I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row so I'm not panicking on Monday.

What do GPs generally do?

Redglitter Fri 24-Feb-17 13:15:40

When I had flu recently my GP gave me a phone consultation & issued a line which someone picked up for me

Fluffylittleraccoon Fri 24-Feb-17 13:17:55

That's good to know. Hopefully I won't need it, feeling absolute shite at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now