Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tramadol and citropalm

(5 Posts)
araclouise Thu 23-Feb-17 19:06:07

Hi everyone I'm having a severe nervous breakdown right now , Iv been on 20 mg of citroplam for two weeks now , and Iv had severe toothache today so I took a 50 mg tramadol now when I was just looking up on google it says that they shouldn't be used together because of a lethal interaction ! I'm convinced I'm going to bloody die now ! Anyone else taken these before !

Janey50 Sat 25-Feb-17 01:31:46

OP do you mean CITALOPRAM? Were the tramadol prescribed for you or for someone else? If your doctor prescribed them for you,he/she would have known you are on citalopram. If not,all I can say is this; I was on citalopram for depression,same dose as you for a year,from January 2012 - January 2013. I had been taking tramadol 2 x 50mg,twice a day for several years (for arthritis pain) when my doctor prescribed the citalopram. Nothing was mentioned about the 2 not being compatible and I'm still here!

UnbornMortificado Sat 25-Feb-17 01:44:57

I've been on them both in the past with no ill affect, I think they have (or did) get classed as having a minor interaction.

Citalopram can react with all sorts if you have any other old medication not currently prescribed you should speak to a GP or pharmacist before taking.

UnbornMortificado Sat 25-Feb-17 01:46:21

I think (although I'm going back 4 years) there's quite a view migraine medications unable to be taken with it, so please do be wary.

Crumbs1 Sat 25-Feb-17 01:52:52

You should not be self prescribing Tramadol for toothache. Take paracetamol and see a dentist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now