Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Gentleman's downbelows

(6 Posts)
JayneW63 Thu 23-Feb-17 18:17:51

So the OH who lives in a land far far away, phones me this morning with one ball bigger than the other.
Doctor ( yes he got an appointment) has proscribed antibiotics and wants to send him for an ultra sound.

I know it's got him worried as he's texting me jokes, any one got any experience. The OH is over 60.

user1484615313 Fri 24-Feb-17 01:03:19

Infection? Any other symptoms?

DelphiniumBlue Fri 24-Feb-17 01:09:49

Could be a hernia?

Littlebatcalledlucille Fri 24-Feb-17 01:30:03

It could just be fluid? hydrocele, i think its called?

avamiah Fri 24-Feb-17 01:41:43

Does he have any pain there?

JayneW63 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:17:38

He's a bit vague, however not known for his stoicism I'd say mild discomfort at most.

Men aren't very good at discussing stuff, and frankly his motorbike and car mags don't run 10 things you need to know about your ball health articles do they. I did a quick google last night and am plumping for an infection my self, but would like to be prepared for other options,

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: