Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

work footwear for plantar faciitis

(7 Posts)
mrslovely41 Wed 22-Feb-17 16:20:20

Could anyone recommend some smart footwear for plantar faciitis? I have been wearing a pair of Hotter knee high boots all winter but having seen the physio today, he suggests a change in footwear. I need something that looks good with dresses! Thanks.

picklemepopcorn Wed 22-Feb-17 16:22:31

I wore Fly London court shoes. They have a squidgy sole, a slight heel, and were a snug supportive fit. I put them on as soon as I swung my legs out of bed, on GPs advice. Best advice ever. That was when I started to get better.

pinkish Wed 22-Feb-17 21:03:08

Do you think it best to go to a physio or a podiatrist?

JenniferYellowHat1980 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:12:00

Brogues?

picklemepopcorn Thu 23-Feb-17 06:45:54

I went to GP who gave me exercises you can download from the Internet. Best tip, wear supportive shoes as soon as you wake up. Expect it to last months.

Gingernaut Thu 23-Feb-17 06:57:17

Have you been measured for orthotics by the podiatry team.

Shoes alone won't work. The exercises you've been given will have to be worked on religiously.

You shouldn't stick to one pair, or one type of shoe. You need to rotate and not wear the same shoes twice in a row.

If all else fails, there are steroid injections - if that happens, bring a friend! shock

Iris65 Thu 23-Feb-17 06:59:47

This group are awesome for all kinds of information and support:
www.facebook.com/groups/768703959903519/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now