Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Himalayan salt sol

(11 Posts)
Wobbliebits Tue 21-Feb-17 22:30:06

Hi, first time poster here...
I am curious to know if anyone here has tried or currently takes a teaspoon of Himalayan salt sol each day? And if so has it made a difference to them?
To cut a long story short I ended up with a big bag of the stuff, after googling how to use it I've been taking it for a few days and have not noticed a difference yet, maybe it's too soon.
Thank you for reading would love to hear any thoughts you have on it.

X

MarasmeAbsolu Tue 21-Feb-17 22:31:04

a teaspoon of salt a day? hmm

LegoCaltrops Tue 21-Feb-17 22:33:23

Why would you deliberately take salt? We use the (pink) Himalayan salt in our house as a culinary salt, but that's it...

Wobbliebits Tue 21-Feb-17 22:36:38

Hi
It's not just a teaspoon of salt, you dissolve the Himalayan salt in water so it is very concentrated, tastes vile 😝, and take a teaspoon each morning. You can't mix it with more water if you wish. It's supposed to have many many health benefits but I'm starting to wonder

Wobbliebits Tue 21-Feb-17 22:37:05

Can mix it with more water I mean

Maverickismywingman Tue 21-Feb-17 22:38:46

What health benefits is it supposed to have?

I thought salt was salt. confused

Wobbliebits Tue 21-Feb-17 22:42:58

It's full of minerals and supposed to help with digestion, blood pressure, fatigue, skin issues and other things I can't remember the full list.
I've not noticed any of these things so was wondering if it's a load of old cobblers or should I give it abit longer.

Maverickismywingman Tue 21-Feb-17 22:44:56

I've just done a quick search, and it does say don't have too much or any "benefits" will be undone by high sodium levels.

I might be more likely to have it in the bath, than drink it personally. Or maybe just get a vitamins and minerals tablet. Might be more palatable

Chippednailvarnishing Tue 21-Feb-17 22:46:24

It's great for chips.

Arcadia Wed 22-Feb-17 08:27:09

Sounds like rubbish, sorry, one of my fb friends is marketing salt water as a miracle cure for every ill. There are some strange fads around at the moment.

Wobbliebits Thu 23-Feb-17 08:13:05

Thank you everyone, that has opened my eyes
I've done it bit more digging on the internet and it does sound dubious. Think I will give it up.... anyone want to buy a bag of Himalayan salt 😜

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now