Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sleep Issue/Menopause/Thyroid

(3 Posts)
Dodie1970 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:49:43

Hi All, Can anyone please give me some advise ? I've been having sleep issues for about 3 months or more now. I've been waking at least 3-4 times a night sometimes every hour and completely wide awake. I'm definitely perimenopausal and sometimes I wake really hot. I've not had a period for over 2 months, very up and down before that. Does anyone else get this ? I did look into it being a thyroid problem - could this be the case ? It's getting me down now and I sort of dread going to bed.... I've also got a little bit of being fed-up (not depression) Any help please ! Thanks so much.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Tue 21-Feb-17 11:50:23

How old are you? Are they hot flushes that are waking you?

Dodie1970 Tue 21-Feb-17 12:04:02

I am 46, started being perimenopausal at 42 (like my Mum) Sometimes it's hot flushes other times not - not 100% sure. It's the waking really wide awake that is weird....... Thanks for replying smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now