Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Claw hand - hand froze

(7 Posts)
WelshMoth Mon 20-Feb-17 21:24:12

I know it's because I've strained my hand carrying mine and my daughters ski's, but it's frightened me. My hand froze into a claw like shape and I had to quickly force the fingers open and massage my arm and wrist.

It's feeling ok now, perhaps a bit strained. What was this? DH helpfully put it down to me getting on a bit (I'm only 44).

omnishamblesssssssssssssss Mon 20-Feb-17 21:31:45

Where your fingers cold?

Rainatnight Mon 20-Feb-17 21:33:12

Are you taking any medication? Some of my asthma meds do that to me (if I've taken a LOT)

WelshMoth Mon 20-Feb-17 23:28:04

No to both questions. They definitely weren't cold and I've never been on long term meds.

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Mon 20-Feb-17 23:30:19

I get this from time to time, usually while pregnant x

StillMedusa Mon 20-Feb-17 23:51:47

I had this once..after a fairground ride (think I was holding the bar too tight, with terror!) I couldn't even unlock my hand from the bar..my friend had to ease my fingers off and they stayed rigid for a long time.

MichaelSheensNextDW Tue 21-Feb-17 09:07:26

Cramp?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: