Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dizziness and anxiety... Help

(6 Posts)
whatisforteamum Mon 20-Feb-17 13:15:51

Two weeks ago. today I phoned in sick to work as I felt dreadful no energy and dizzy when driving I then felt guilty hoped on the bus and was told to go none.

I saw the Gp who said have a blood test for hormones or anemia. Since then I've been bussing it.I then decided to try to drive last weds.felt unwell and parked up then walked a couple of miles back and got the bus. My boss who is my age in her 50 s thinks its the menopause.I've had panic attacks when I was younger so it maybe that.
I feel so guilty having today off as I felt like passing out on the bus Saturday on my split shift I had to ask someone to drive me to work !!
My df sent dizzy and vomited yesterday so perhaps its a virus although he has terminal cancer so mum insists it is that.
Any ideas as I feel. Stressed from feeling so dizzy and I'll.

whatisforteamum Mon 20-Feb-17 19:08:20

Anyone else had dizzy spells and nausea the last couple of weeks sad

Inmyownlittlecorner Tue 21-Feb-17 21:01:52

Hi. When I'm feeling anxious or on the cusp of a panic attack I feel dizzy & woozy. It's taken me ages to figure out that I was having panic attack, but one of the first symptoms I get is dizziness & then breathless & often a pain in my chest. I'll often have a lump in my throat too.
Hope you manage to find some relief soon.

MrsDoylesTeabags Tue 21-Feb-17 21:19:20

Has it been for a short time?
I had a bout of Labrynthitus late last year, which is an infection of the inner ear. It made me feel dizzy, lightheaded and nauseaus and caused me great anxiety.
It went after about 3-4 weeks but was not at all pleasant.
Hope you're feeling better soon

whatisforteamum Tue 21-Feb-17 21:59:55

Hi thanks I had flu this Xmas probably for the first time after overworking.I lost half a stone and felt dreadful for weeks even when I returned to work.I felt like my ears were popping once and even though I had great hearing I felt like my ears were blocked but not painful.travelling makes me feel queasy all of a sudden.even on the bus.blood test in the morning though.thank you both.

mineofuselessinformation Tue 21-Feb-17 22:03:04

Could it be anxiety-induced vertigo?
Look it up.
I get vertigo occasionally and when DF was terminally ill I suffered from it terribly.
Luckily I'd experienced it before, so a sympathetic pharmacist sorted me out with buccastem. It really helped.
You need to see your GP to get it sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now