Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What's wrong with my nails?

(11 Posts)
Skippii Sun 19-Feb-17 23:20:02

So this started after I removed shellac nails and my thumb nail was a bit weak and got bent back in a separate incident. I thought is was slow to grow in, but it's weird and seems to be spreading to the other nails sad

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Sun 19-Feb-17 23:22:12

The nail bed has been damaged. Not really anything that can be done about it unfortunately.

Leggit Sun 19-Feb-17 23:28:43

You need to wait for them to grow. That shellac crap ruins your nails

moogletea Sun 19-Feb-17 23:31:21

Looks like a fungal nail infection to me. You can get stuff to paint on from the chemist which clears it up

OutToGetYou Mon 20-Feb-17 13:00:33

Mine went like that after Shellac, took a year to grow out.

Skippii Tue 21-Feb-17 02:28:02

I'll go ask the chemist I think in case it needs treatment

Bettertobehealthy Wed 22-Feb-17 15:38:44

Do you have Psoriasis , ? anywhere, like scalp, i.e. flakey ( very itchy ) , or elbows ... ? other areas of skin....? red scaly patches ...?

Skippii Fri 07-Apr-17 17:31:00

Yes, my head is flakey, could it be related?

SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Fri 07-Apr-17 17:49:45

I also think it looks like a fungal infection. Get a pharmacist to have a look.

samlovesdilys Fri 07-Apr-17 17:52:52

I just buff them after shellac, it takes the top layer off which has been damaged by the glue. They are usually a bit weaker, may break but otherwise fine!

cansu Fri 07-Apr-17 17:53:40

It is shellac. I have just cut mine short after shellac was removed. Definitely damaged although looked lovely for about two weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now