Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

White heads - how to safely get rid of??

(2 Posts)
Mumto2uk Sun 19-Feb-17 21:33:56

I have two white head spots I my face. One on each cheek smack in the middle so really noticeable. I got these along with skin tags on my face during pregnancy and it's making me feel so down. Doctor tried freezing off skin tags but they never fell off! So guess I'm stuck with them as can't afford to have them privately removed, but at least want to try and get rid of the two whitehead spots. How do I do this as (sorry for TMI) but when I have tried squeezing them nothing comes out. I heard you can use a sterilised needle, but what do you do with it and won't it leave a scar? Please help x

PeppaTheFirst Fri 24-Feb-17 00:30:20

Poor you!! Old fashioned remedy - get small bowl, add some salt (sea, table - whatever you have in the house), add some boiled water. Let it cool a bit. While still quite warm get cotton wool pad, soak in the salty water and just keep it over spot for a minute. Try rubbing it gently. Hot water opens pores, salt dries out the yucky stuff. It relieves pain too as reduces inflammation (you could also pop a paracetamol or ibuprofen if really painful). I suffer from large under skin spots as well as white heads at time of month and use method for both. It clears up white heads really quickly. Once skin is broken you can squeeze remainder of stuff out. Have tried all sorts - this is the best and happens to be the cheapest!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now