Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wart on Chin (I disgust myself)

(6 Posts)
Spongebobfrillypants Sun 19-Feb-17 20:52:58

Can anyone offer advice please? I've got a large wart on my chin which I've had since Nov last year. So far I've tried Bye Wart from Holland & Barrett, thuja, tea tree oil, duct tape, banana skin, lavender oil, salicylic acid plasters - nothing is shifting it. It it's still here by Halloween I'm worried I'll end up on the ducking stool. I'm trying to make a joke of it but it's getting to the point where I don't want to leave the house. I'm on the waiting list to have it frozen off but am worried that will make it worse & might not even cure it. Any advice would be v much appreciated!

ClaudiaWankleman Sun 19-Feb-17 20:57:12

Can you afford to pay to have it frozen off privately? At least you might get some confidence in your day to day life back.

Spongebobfrillypants Sun 19-Feb-17 21:23:43

Thanks Claudia - have been looking into that. It looks like it could cost a few hundred pounds though so I can't really but it might come to that (credit card).

shewolfmum Mon 20-Feb-17 00:01:11

Castor oil pack every evening ... worth a try. Has removed/disolved cyst on my head...?

notangelinajolie Mon 20-Feb-17 00:17:56

Waiting list? Do you mean waiting for a hospital appt? Our GP does verrucas and warts. I thought this was something GP's do? He zapped a wart on my DD's forehead with liquid nitrogen (I think) and it had dropped off by the morning. He did warn her about possible scaring but my DD was past caring and wanted it gone. It didn't leave a mark smile

Hope you can get rid of the bugger soon. Ask your GP if he will do it - he might just be reluctant to do it because it's on your face.

Spongebobfrillypants Tue 21-Feb-17 18:56:12

Hi notangelina. There's a waiting list of about 6 weeks/2 mths here. I can wait that long if it gets rid of it. That's reassuring that your DD's cleared up v. quickly though so thanks for adding that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now