Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can aching joints be caused by a virus? getting worried .....

(7 Posts)
barbapapa Thu 01-Mar-07 11:21:31

we all seem to have fallen prey to a virus that starts with sore throat then tummy troubles. I have now gone on to having aching joints (sore throat etc gone now) Have made an appointment with docs tomorrow as starting to get worried that I am getting arthritis or something! Or could this all be viral ?

Aimsmum Thu 01-Mar-07 11:44:58

Message withdrawn

bobsyouruncle Thu 01-Mar-07 11:49:10

Had a sickness bug recently & my hips & back were sooo sore, fine now though. Hope you're feeling beter soon.

BlackberryCrumble Thu 01-Mar-07 12:05:18

dd2 (aged 7) had tonsillitis which then caused arthritis type pains in her wrists and knees 3 weeks later because the infection didn't go away completely. 10 days on antibiotics did the trick. Hope you feel better soon

totaleclipse Thu 01-Mar-07 12:06:22

I always get achey joints when coming down with something.

barbapapa Thu 01-Mar-07 13:13:21

Thanks guys feel a lot better now reading your messages

donnie Thu 01-Mar-07 13:14:42

I had a virus a few weeks ago which began with a sore throat and really aching limbs and joints...I wouldn't worry too much, it is a common symptom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now