Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fainting

(3 Posts)
user344 Sat 18-Feb-17 17:07:30

I've never fainted before, just felt lightheaded but last night my OH and I DTD and I didn't feel 'right' then.

After I sat on the edge of the bed, stood up and (according to OH) said "I don't" then went rigid and fell back hitting the floor with some force.

Apparently I had my eyes open but wasn't responding. This lasted about 20 seconds when I became aware and slowly sat up.

All ok except for painful back and teeth (force of the fall I think). I'm currently on citalopram and have been since December and missed that days tablet, totally slipped my mind. Not sure if that's related or if I should see doctor as I'm absolutely fine today?

AliciaMayEmory Sat 18-Feb-17 17:09:31

I was on Citalopram a few years ago and if I missed a dose I did get dizzy, but I go and get it checked by the GP just to be on the safe side. Hope you feel ok today.

cheesecadet Sun 19-Feb-17 12:14:51

I would say that you're either suffering with the side effects still or it's the withdrawal. Lots of experience with this.

Visit the GP as this seems rather a severe reaction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now