Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lumbar Spine BMD T-score by DXA scan -1.1

(5 Posts)
FV45 Fri 17-Feb-17 12:23:44

I have reason to visit my GP today and was just going over some test results from Nov (which at time time as I was told they were normal, I just accepted).

I've now looked them up and see that a T score of -1.1 is within the osteopenia range.

Am I right to have accepted the no-concern attitude of the consultant?

FV45 Fri 17-Feb-17 12:24:49

nb I realise it's only just tipped into that range.

flutterby77 Sat 25-Feb-17 05:58:23

I was told that a t score of -1 was fine so as you are only just in the lower range then that's prob why he wasn't concerned. I'd probably still be making some dietary and lifestyle changes if I was you. I've just found out I have a t score of -1.8 in my hip and arm (I'm 39) and am making some serious changes to prevent it getting worse. I had a dexa due to a no trauma fracture to my ankle.

PollyPerky Sat 25-Feb-17 09:21:48

I've been having DEXA scans for around 15 years.

-1.1 is just under normal. Anything from -1 to 1.00+ is normal.

Flutterby- are you doing the correct exercises? There are some good books by the NOS with details of the type to do.

flutterby77 Sat 25-Feb-17 11:35:49

Polly, I definitely haven't been up to now. I have been doing a lot of research the last few days and have been looking at a lot of weightbearing exercises. And thinking about how I can introduce them into my day. I will have to do it at home as I work full time and have 3 children under 5 so time is not my friend. I'll have a look at the nos. thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now