Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Weird skin complaint on my breast...any ideas? (Photo included)

(13 Posts)
StumblyMonkey Fri 17-Feb-17 12:19:53

So I occasionally have spots on my breasts but recently I've had something quite different.

It's like the skin in one area just...I don't know how to describe it...weakens, peels away and then scabs over.

It's not itchy. There is nothing to see before the skin comes away (no blister, no red patches, no bruise or anything).

It's been happening for months. At first it was very small patches and I thought it might be where the underwiring from my bra was rubbing.

The latest patches are much bigger (finger included for scale!) and there is no way it's caused by my bra.

Any ideas?

I had a panic about breast cancer but although there are some less usual symptoms of breast cancer this doesn't appear to be one of them...

Hercules12 Fri 17-Feb-17 12:20:44

I would go to the gp.

StumblyMonkey Fri 17-Feb-17 12:23:26

I suppose I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas might be something more for the pharmacist?

rocket74 Fri 17-Feb-17 12:28:09

You should go to the GP. Any changes to breasts that are not your 'normal' are of importance to them. Why are you waiting?
You're not wasting anyone's time.

StumblyMonkey Fri 17-Feb-17 13:06:52

I'll go to the GP, just seemed a bit silly as I don't believe this is a symptom of anything sinister (rashes around your nipple is but not this) and it doesn't hurt or itch.

Footle Fri 17-Feb-17 13:20:41

Yes, let the GP see it as soon as you can. Don't delay any more.

Footle Fri 17-Feb-17 17:04:28

Did you make an appointment,OP?

Thinkingblonde Fri 17-Feb-17 17:08:44

Could be a fungal infection or eczema or any one of a number of things.
You ought to see your gp for a diagnosis.

Thinkingblonde Fri 17-Feb-17 17:09:45

Any changes to the skin on your breasts needs investigation.

Frenchplait Fri 17-Feb-17 17:10:12

hidradenitis suppurativa?

BelafonteRavenclaw Fri 17-Feb-17 17:16:20

I had something similar. My GP gave me a few different creams to try (an anti fungal first, then a steroid) although the spots reduced they didn't disappear. I was sent for a breast scan as a precaution, the scan was all clear. Then about a month after the scan the spots disappeared. The breast specialist did tell me the medical term for them but I can't remember it. It was a skin issue that just happened to be on my breast.
Go to the GP OP to have them checked out.

228agreenend Fri 17-Feb-17 17:17:30

Definitely go to the gp, and if he/she refers you on the two week wait to the hospital, don't panic, this is perfectly normal for breast concerns of any kind. Hopefully it is just a skin condition that coincidentally is on your breast, but better to be safe than sorry.

Let us know how you get on.

StumblyMonkey Fri 17-Feb-17 21:00:42

I haven't made an appointment but definitely will next week!

Will let you know what happens....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: