Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i think ive got rhinitis allergy but will find out next week......what is gonna happen at the docs?

(12 Posts)
Biglips Wed 28-Feb-07 21:23:55

as ive had a blood test result back and wont be able to find out till next week.

Orinoco Wed 28-Feb-07 21:35:53

Message withdrawn

Racers Wed 28-Feb-07 21:40:04

me too orinioco!

lizziemun Wed 28-Feb-07 21:45:13

I have this since i was a baby, now 37yrs was told i would grow out of by 14yrs.

They will probaly give you a range of nasel inhalers (which i can no longer use as my nose is to sensitive) and maybe some antihistermines.

I find that i go through good years and bad years.

I don't take anything for it now as i didn't think they were working and try to do things which i know helps.

I changed my hoover to one which as a hepa filter. Use one of those pledge dusters which collects the dust rather then putting in to the air.

Racers Wed 28-Feb-07 22:15:36

There are also anti dust mite sheets you can get for your bed (from Boots etc). And a spray thing you can do on your bed every once in a while. Laminte flooring helps. All pricey though I'm afraid but I'm sure there are lots of other tips. I was diagnosed when about 13, so they didn't give me much practical advice but maybe you can get some when you go?

NotSoLittleMiss Wed 28-Feb-07 22:22:24

Message withdrawn

NotSoLittleMiss Wed 28-Feb-07 22:23:26

Message withdrawn

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 22:24:55

I have it and some other allergies i don't do anything

NotSoLittleMiss Wed 28-Feb-07 22:28:29

Message withdrawn

Biglips Thu 01-Mar-07 11:25:59

well i dont sneeze for a start but its my sinuses that is throbbing 24/7 and my head feels so tight. ive had this for 12 years now as its all started when i got hit on my nose and from then i slowly start getting headaches around my head and around my neck. i had my cartridges shaved which helped to get rid of the tensions on my neck. But i went back to my ent and they suggested for me to do a allergy blood test...i was gobsmacked as never thought i wud have an allergy. i do have a very runny nose permantly and feels ive got a cold all the time too. Now ive got a results back and unsure what its exactly be as it cant be hayfever as i have the symptoms all year round. i did noticed that if a room is very dusty my nose and head in throbbing like mad or if my mum got her electric stove on thats kicked it off and also if im stressed i have to go and lie down. my ears are blocked too and got achy jaw.

i also noticed that i got a phlegm feel at the back of the throat but the ENT docs couldnt find anything (had camera down my nose!!), and my voice seems to disappear if i try and shout. i noticed that my chin is numb and tingly at time - wonder why is that?

i find the nose strips helps alot as i can breathe.

fingers cross for me to find out teh problem at last.

lizziemun Thu 01-Mar-07 11:43:02

Biglips

My symtons very as per the follwoing.

Nose running all the time like someone has turn a tap has been turned on.

Non stop sneezing

itchy ears, throat and nose like my head needs turning inside out and a given a good scatch.

If i go into a house where there are cats my eyes itch and swell shut.

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 11:44:59

I don't use anything because there isn't safe long term nose drops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now