Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

given my baby a black eye help advice please

(12 Posts)
imsosorrybaby Wed 28-Feb-07 21:21:37

LO was snoozing in cot whilst i had shower, i got out - phone rang whilst in bedroom, was chatting away woke LO up - went to pick her up and the phone slipped from between my shoulder and ear and has bashed her on the face, she screamed a little but stopped as soon as i produced a bottle, she now has a purple bruise / bump - i feel so giulty, what do i do?

misdee Wed 28-Feb-07 21:22:25

nothing much you can do really. cold flannel maybe?

quietmouse Wed 28-Feb-07 21:24:45

it's probably just a bruise. I doubt it will be a proper black eye.

How is she now? If she's fine I don't think you need to do anything really.

wurlywurly Wed 28-Feb-07 21:25:44

one on the other side to match??

ONLY JOKING,(cant believe I really said that, sorry)

It will fade given a couple days, is she too young for calpol if its needed?

DeviousDaffodil Wed 28-Feb-07 21:27:36

Oh dear I bet you feel awful. Cold compress and a drop of calpol if in pain.

quietmouse Wed 28-Feb-07 21:28:29

black eyes normally take a while to appear - my dd had two! I'm sure it will look fine in the morning

imsosorrybaby Wed 28-Feb-07 21:28:35

she's asleep - but i keep crying, i feel terrible, nothing else will happen, more serious i mean, sje wont get ill will she?

Whizzz Wed 28-Feb-07 21:28:40

arnica cream is very good for bruises too

quietmouse Wed 28-Feb-07 21:38:19

I'm sure she will be fine. Try not to worry.

See how it is the morning. If still very bruised or lumpy then get her checked over.

LadyTophamHatt Wed 28-Feb-07 21:42:45

believe me it won't be the first bruise she gets....

How old is she??

If it makes you feel better our DS1 has a scare on his forehead from when DH wrapped in a towel with his arms inside the towel when he'd just learned to walk.
We spent the even at A&E getting his head glued/stitched!!

LadyTophamHatt Wed 28-Feb-07 21:43:15

scar not scare.

essanel Wed 28-Feb-07 22:00:05

wurly - psml !! I can't believe how laid back i am with ds - with dd she toppled over when learning to sit and bumped her head - huge bruise- felt like worst mum ever and put hats on her when we went out! ds - 8mths is into everything and pulling himself up on furniture and everything even cats if they stand still long enough and the number of bumps/topples over (laminate flooring and LO doesn't mix) and i am like upsy daisy and he is absolutley fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now