Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone have a Valoplast (flexible) partial denture??

(5 Posts)
StillMedusa Thu 16-Feb-17 21:30:26

I got mine yesterday (a missing upper molar) and while it seemed to fit perfectly at the dentist, it got more and more sore as the day went on. Today I wore it for about 4 hours and had to take it out. I appreciate that my gum isn't used to having anything attached to it, but I expected it to be more comfy considering it is very expensive!

Anyone any experience? Or tips for breaking it in?
Thanks

sunnyhills Fri 17-Feb-17 09:36:24

I'm bumping this for interest - feel I may be asking similar questions soon .

And to add that speaking to a friend yesterday about a one tooth denture she has ( no idea if same type as yours ) she said dentist had told her to soften in hot water before putting it in place ...

Tho presumably it would harden as it cooled down ? Tho maybe it helps it mould to a good fit ?

StillMedusa Fri 17-Feb-17 17:33:37

I'll give that a try.. it's worth a go (I suspect it must be the same material as traditional ones don't soften!) I am a bit disappointed so far.. I couldn't have a bridge as my teeth either side aren't big enough, and now the partial is an endurance test.
I shall report back :D

sunnyhills Fri 17-Feb-17 21:32:32

I think you should go back to dentist ,maybe it needs some subtle adjustment ?

Mrsmorton Sat 18-Feb-17 23:10:55

It could need adjusting but also, a new denture is a little like new shoes so some perseverance may be required. Go back to your dentist to check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now