Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Inflamed cervix?

(4 Posts)
Twopeapods Thu 16-Feb-17 19:21:43

I posted a couple weeks ago. I've had irregular bleeding and pelvic pain with a bad backache.
The GP took swabs to check for infection, they have come back negative, and wanted me to get a smear asap and has referred for a pelvic scan.
The nurse today doing the smear said my cervix was 'very angry looking and inflamed'. I wasnt too worried before but I am now. I'm now spotting as a result of today.
I don't know why I'm posting, just to find some reassurance I think.

MyBeloved Thu 16-Feb-17 19:57:44

How bizarre, I was only told about this myself a few days ago. Mine is due to irritation from my mirena coil strings. I have now had it removed. I had a large polyp removed which was how the inflammation was diagnosed.

I am still spotting after sex so have been given vaginal antibiotics.

Has your GP suggested a course of action?

MyBeloved Thu 16-Feb-17 20:00:19

Sorry just saw you're going to have a smear and scan. This is a good thing! They are just ruling out all eventualities.

Try not to worry - it's very common x

Twopeapods Thu 16-Feb-17 20:00:36

The GP said to wait for all the results first. But has ruled out infection. So now have to wait a few weeks for the smear results and scan. The nurse said sometimes it's just inflammation and sometimes it can be cancer but not to worry about it at this point. It's hard not to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now