Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

irregular/ no period - not pregnant

(3 Posts)
BrigiB Thu 16-Feb-17 14:02:15

Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you have some experience on this.
I had a baby in October, was bleeding for about 6 weeks and when baby was around 3 months I had some bleeding for 2 days and then again the same 2 weeks later. After that I had a 'normal period' kind of..
And now I'm 10 days late.
I did pregnancy tests (2) and both were negativ. I went to the GP too but she only told me to keep on doing tests every week until i have my period again...
Now I have to add that I never had enough milk and when my baby started teething he rejected BFing altogether so I'm not BFing since he's 3 months old (now he's over 4).
We always use protection so it would be shocking if I was pregnant again..
Any advice would be apprechiated. Thanks!!

Jooni Thu 16-Feb-17 16:20:45

That sounds totally normal. It can take a while for periods to go back to normal after a baby, especially if you BF for a period of time. It's only been a month since you stopped BFing so your hormones are probably still straightening themselves out. You may have irregular periods for a while. If you're using protection and have had neg tests then the chances you are pregnant again are extremely low.

BrigiB Thu 16-Feb-17 17:46:55

Thank you Jooni, that's really reassurring smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now