Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ouch! Had laperoscopy today.

(6 Posts)
longwaytogoandabitfurther Wed 28-Feb-07 20:11:48

Had diagnostic laperoscopy today. Was first on the list and thought fantastic anasthetic won't affect me. Boy oh boy how wrong I was. Woke up and felt awful - arms and legs felt really, really heavy. Felt totally spaced out for hours, was really tearful and made them turn the lights out because I couldn't cope.

Anyway lap discovered that pelvically there isn't a problem but I do have an enlarged gall bladder and now need a liver scan.

My stomach is stinging and sore, the wind pain in my shoulders if I lie down isn't pleasant so I can see myself sleeping sat up tonight.

Beauregard Wed 28-Feb-07 20:17:05

Poor you
I had this done when i was 18 and it isn't very pleasant as you know.
What were they investigating if you dont mind me asking?

longwaytogoandabitfurther Wed 28-Feb-07 20:25:10

I went to gynae clinic for prolapse and pain during intercourse. mind you don't know why I didn't cancel it seems that dh and I are splitting and so won't be gettin any nookie anyway.

Can't believe they found a problem gall bladder though.

mummy2aaron Wed 28-Feb-07 20:26:21

oo that wind pain is awful I remember it and I had mine in 1997.

Beauregard Wed 28-Feb-07 20:28:11

Sorry to hear that .
Still it's a good job you went if they found a gall bladder problem.

longwaytogoandabitfurther Wed 28-Feb-07 20:30:21

Think they scraped my throat with the airway tube too - feels really sore in one spot, and my mouth is sooooo dry. Have drunk loads but just can't get rid of that dry feeling. ugh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now