Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Abnormal smear test result and biopsy

(4 Posts)
sparkles2815 Thu 16-Feb-17 13:30:32

Hi, this is my first time on here but wanted to know if anyone can help shed some light.
I had a routine smear test on 13th Jan and within five days had a phone call from my GP to tell me that the result came back with HPV and abnormal. Within a week and a half of the test i was at the clinic having dye put on my cervix to see if it reacted. It did and they took two biopsies. I spoke to the hospital today (3 weeks later) and they said they're HPV changes and i need to go back to the clinic in July to have the procedure done again.
What does that mean? HPV changes? Is it normal to have to go back to the clinic after 5 months? I'm worrying myself stupid as i have pain after sex, bleeding in between periods (not every month) and bleeding after sex sometimes too. When i told the doctor they just gave me a look like it was of concern.
I'm worrying myself stupid.

GummyBunting Thu 16-Feb-17 13:36:48

Have you had the 'Loop' treatment to remove the cells?

abitwrong123 Fri 17-Feb-17 17:23:03

Hi, I have had some ongoing issues, the best place I've found for info and some really good support is www.jostrust.org

There is a wealth of information there on HPV, the treatments and what happens next etc.

sparkles2815 Fri 17-Feb-17 17:32:22

Ok thank you. I'll take aook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now