Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pelvis change since childbearing... just me?

(8 Posts)
Katekoom Tue 14-Feb-17 19:51:38

Since giving birth to a rather large 8lb 12oz beautiful baby girl (with a head circumference that had the midwives remeasure!) things have been very 'different' in the pelvis region. So I get the whole "things might be looser" scenario and accept that as read, but what is happening with my pelvis?!?!! Externally it just feels very open (for want of a better word) I thought it would go back to relative normality? But the bones of my pelvis feel very wide. hmm is this just me? I can handle the saggy tummy and heavy boobs, heck I can even handle taking half the bath water with me when I hop out, but wtf has happened to my bones! Anyone else have this? Another joy of childbirth?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 14-Feb-17 20:27:35

How long ago? Things might still be tightening up? But 7 years on I still get twinges down the centre of my pubic bone if I do certain things with my legs.

Afreshstartplease Tue 14-Feb-17 20:29:31

I think I know what you mean

I have felt similar since having DC4 (8lb9oz) although I put it down to my body can't be arsed 'pinging' back again

Katekoom Tue 14-Feb-17 20:33:49

2 years. So I'd have thought it was done pinging! Good to hear it's not just me. But I'm only on no.1 !!

conscientioussuicidee Tue 14-Feb-17 20:34:50

Yep. I had two big ones 11 and 10lbs respectively and had v bad spd with both.

I get the pubic and sacral twinges a lot. Especially as part of pmt.

Afreshstartplease Tue 14-Feb-17 20:35:44

How old are you op? Could it be an age thing?

My entire pelvis is fucked TBH

Did you have spd?

conscientioussuicidee Tue 14-Feb-17 20:38:02

My entire body is fucked after two kids....

Liara Tue 14-Feb-17 20:38:14

My pelvis has never gone back to the same, the bones have definitely moved apart and my hip bones are wider than they were. They do hurt more than they ever did.

My youngest is almost 7, so I think this is for good. They weren't even that enormous (but my hips were very narrow beforehand, everyone used to comment on it).

I guess it makes me more hourglass shaped...hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now