Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recommendations please for a Gynaecologist in London

(8 Posts)
Hazelra Tue 14-Feb-17 19:21:30

Can anyone recommend a gynaecologist in London that can help with uterus prolapse after birth? GP tells me it will be a 4 month wait to see someone on the NHS so I think I'll need to go private as I'd like to get it seen to as quickly as possible.

SwearyGodmother Tue 14-Feb-17 19:23:58

I don't have a private referral but was referred last year for fibroids and had a 3 month wait to my initial appointment. When my symptoms worsened I decided to see them sooner if I could so started phoning every morning to get a sooner appointment by picking up someone's cancellation - I phoned twice and saw the gynaecologist the second day I called. You can get ahead of the wait if you're flexible.

MuMuMuuuum Tue 14-Feb-17 19:42:39

Penelope Law. Two friends have saw her after birth complications.

edwinbear Tue 14-Feb-17 22:34:24

I saw Roger N J Smith at Blackheath BMI for an anterior and posterior prolapse repair back in 2012. He did a great job, 5 years on and no issues at all and the nurse who did my last smear commented on what a great job he'd done grin

Hazelra Wed 15-Feb-17 13:33:07

Thanks everyone!

PollyPerky Wed 15-Feb-17 19:30:35

There are several at 132 Harley St (that's the name of the practice) - have a look at their profiles.

WayfaringStranger Wed 15-Feb-17 19:40:30

Mr Vik Khulllar is the man.

purpleprincess24 Wed 15-Feb-17 19:44:38

I had a prolapse repair 4 weeks ago by Mr R Fernando. He works out of The Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow and at St Mary's

Highly recommended and he's really easy to talk to.

I had to go for a test done at The Lindo Wing at st Mary's, the one where the duchess of Cambridge gave birth, with the fancy wooden door the press wait by. Very very posh reception, full of really high end designer wear ....I felt like the cleaner in my m and s jeans lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now