Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nipple discharge

(4 Posts)
Nifflerbowtruckle Tue 14-Feb-17 12:23:08

Hi I've NC for this.

For at least 3 years probably more I have had a white discharge from my nipples. It's quite small and barely noticeable however it seems to come out when I have a hot shower.

I have been to the doctors previously over 2 years ago (I can't remember when exactly) and she checked my breasts and asked the consistency. She said because it is white it is milk and to leave my breasts alone and it should go. It isn't liquid and not quite solid it is tiny amounts so is hard to describe.

I am not nor have I ever been pregnant so I thought milk would be unlikely. Has anyone any experience in this?

Nifflerbowtruckle Tue 14-Feb-17 18:23:05

Bump

Dinosaurus86 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:44:19

I got this a few months after starting the pill, it lasted a few days then went away. Was on the pill for 10+ years and then it came back a few months after stopping. I assume it's hormonal (I have also never been pregnant). I mentioned it to GP and she agreed but said I might need a blood test for hormone levels (I think prolactin?) if it doesn't go away again this time. If yours is pretty much continuous then perhaps you should ask for this?

Nifflerbowtruckle Thu 16-Feb-17 08:08:05

Thank you

It did start when I was on the pill but I've been off it for 2 years now.

I'm not overly concerned but I think I'll mention it again when I next go to the docs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now