Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help fibroids

(7 Posts)
user1487001665 Tue 14-Feb-17 01:14:58

Hi anyone suffer with a cervix fibroid wat will be the next step

SmellySphinx Tue 14-Feb-17 20:37:10

I have one, didn't know I did until the sonogropher pointed it out at 20 week scan. She said something along the lines of it being "fairly hefty". She made note of it however that's all I know. Hasn't caused me any problems or presented any issues so far.

What do you mean by suffer?

newmummycwharf1 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:43:33

I had one when I was 27. It was awful - bled like a tap for months. Only thing that could control the bleed was progesterone pills - I was told operating may compromise future child birth options. Luckily for me , it strangulated itself; which was exvcruciating but meant the saga ended. I had repeat scans, which showed no further problems and I have since gotten married and had a baby, with no problems. My pregnancy was monitored closely for cervical incompetence but there were no issues

user1487001665 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:55:49

Was it on the cervix

newmummycwharf1 Wed 15-Feb-17 09:05:27

Yes - it was a cervical fibroid.

newmummycwharf1 Wed 15-Feb-17 09:07:44

I am 36 now. Back then, they werent willing to operate. So the options were progesterone only pills or a Mirena coil - which they found difficult to insert. Have you seen a gynaecologist? What options have been presented to you?

Mummytron Wed 15-Feb-17 19:11:36

I had one and didn't know until I was in labour and it popped! It was sutered up and that was that. How did you find out you had it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now