Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Norethisterone

(12 Posts)
DumbledoresArmy Mon 13-Feb-17 13:32:51

Anyone taking or have taken this?

I'm due when I go away (as always) & would really like to delay AF.

Do you recommend this or something else?

ALemonyPea Mon 13-Feb-17 13:42:20

I've taken it before, a few times, but more to stop a really heavy period than to delay one. The period afterwards was horrific, so I'd be aware of that before taking it.

Greycat11 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:52:20

I've used it before my last two holidays to delay my period. It worked both times, but my PMT, which is bad at the best of times was therefore prolonged and I had really bad mood swings.

Eatingcheeseontoast Tue 14-Feb-17 20:55:28

I'm a bit prone to pmt and it made that horrendous and me v depressed.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Feb-17 21:30:55

apart from pmt did it have any other side effects? how quickly do the side effects kick in?

Greycat11 Wed 15-Feb-17 07:09:12

I didn't have any other side effects. Can't remember how quickly my pmt worsened. But it was really bad. But as I mentioned I took it before two different holidays for the convenience of no period when on a beach holiday. And will take it again this year if I need to. I'd rather the bad pmt than be on when away any day. When going in a group you can't always choose when to go, in ideal world wouldn't need to take it but it's brilliant if the outcome is to delay a period.
My next period was normal.

Kevinbaconsrealwife Wed 15-Feb-17 07:16:02

I have taken this over the years to avoid my Period coming on hols....can honestly say the only side effect is I can be a bit " rattier" before I come on, have never had horrendous Period after taking it, it's worth a try, if you get on with it great, if not then at least you know...enjoy your trip 😀

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Wed 15-Feb-17 07:18:32

I used to take it. It's great. My periods/cycles were very erratic so never knew exactly when they would happen, so it was good to be able to control.

queencrunch Wed 15-Feb-17 07:20:07

Took it as due on wedding day. No side effects except a heavier period.

LosingDory Wed 15-Feb-17 07:28:16

I've taken it before and would again. Next period was a bit delayed but no other side effects at all

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 15-Feb-17 09:09:25

oh good. Was prescribed it ages ago and was too chicken to take it. I only need it for a few days.

BumWad Wed 15-Feb-17 09:10:57

I've used it to delay a period, it was fine. Kinda just resets your cycles. I was a tad moody on it though, might be because my I was pre-menstrual for longer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now