Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please diagnose this rash

(4 Posts)
stonecircle Sun 12-Feb-17 22:24:36

So, DS (18) has been suffering from very dry hands for a while. He also gets a few spots on them.

In December he had about half a dozen angry looking spots on his inner thigh. I'd have said gnat bites if it wasn't winter.

He wandered past me the other day without a top on and I noticed he had 2 or 3 itchy looking spots on his tummy above his waist band. He also has more spots on his inner thighs.

Does anyone have any idea what they could be? He is generally a bit itchy so I thought eczema, but I thought eczema gave you sore patches rather than individual spots. I also wondered about sweat rash on his inner thighs as he goes to the gym but they're quite big individual spots rather than a rash and old ones have left scars.

Any ideas?!

hairymuffet Sun 12-Feb-17 22:30:12

Pics ??

stonecircle Sun 12-Feb-17 22:43:29

I wish! He's 18 and generally self conscious. He's been sitting next to me on the sofa in his pj shorts and I've been trying to have a good look at his thighs without him realising. He gets very shirty if I look too closely and I don't want to alarm him and give him the impression I'm concerned. I've actually made him a doctor's appointment because I think he's unusually tired and, with A2s coming up I want to make sure he's not anaemic. Don't know if he'll let me come in with him but, if he does, I will definitely mention the spots.

abbsisspartacus Sun 12-Feb-17 22:45:08

In growing hairs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now