Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy stretch marks

(7 Posts)
jampot Wed 28-Feb-07 12:32:25

I have a couple of stretch marks which are so wide and deep they resemble adult thumb prints (but longer) at the end of my c/s scar. They have started to itch unbearably and Im very aware that the skin is very thin over these marks. Has anyone else suffered the same. They are at least 10 years old

foxinsocks Wed 28-Feb-07 12:35:22

yes, I have some that are very itchy at the moment (over 6 years old)

have been slapping on diprobase in the hope that it will help

foxinsocks Wed 28-Feb-07 12:36:11

you need thick emollients I reckon - so diprobase, eumobase - those type of creams

it's horrid isn't it - I hate it when they get itchy

jampot Wed 28-Feb-07 12:43:24

thanks foxinsocks - am i able to buy that from Sainsburys which is where Im about to go

or what about aqueaous cream>?

foxinsocks Wed 28-Feb-07 12:48:42

I think you have to get diprobase or eumobase from the chemist but you can get other stuff

look in the cream bit (with the E45 type creams)

try aqueous cream and see what you think - I find it's not creamy enough (iyswim) but it might be OK for your skin.

E45 is another one to try (and you'd definitely find that in Sains I reckon!).

There's also some sort of oil that's quite good for that thin skin but I'll need to look it up (will post back later when I find it!).

jampot Wed 28-Feb-07 12:50:16

thanks

liquidclocks Wed 28-Feb-07 12:51:00

You could try eurax lotion too - I've found that quite effective for general itchiness. It hasn't got any steroids in it so won't tin the skin any further - I think you can get it places like chemists, superdrug, boots etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now