Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What are you worrying about today ?

(14 Posts)
Molly333 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:56:07

I'm thinking that it may be a good idea to have a page where we off load our worries . The choice being we can choose to take any advice given or just offload and leave it behind. I will start - i'm worried about affording my daughters uni costs ( maintenance costs)

atheistmantis Sun 12-Feb-17 19:04:31

Uni, an elderly parent and money.

user1482079332 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:06:42

My pain in the ass in laws, money, losing baby weight, home move and uni

Ohtobeskiing Sun 12-Feb-17 19:12:44

Dd's uni offers - she has recently had interviews and is waiting to hear back. Every day that goes past gets more excruciating.

Haudyerwheesht Sun 12-Feb-17 19:18:54

Dd and whether she needs to go to GP about a chest infection

Money specifically I hope we've just bought the right car and not pissed £10k away

College - should I apply for a vocational course ? / childcare considerations

Mum cos it's coming up to a year since dad died

FiL with cancer

My health (have health anxiety)

Lilaclily Sun 12-Feb-17 19:20:26

Work and whether I'm actually up to my new job

MajorClanger123 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:22:33

Breast clinic appointment tomorrow afternoon. First day of half term so 3 excited kids to keep entertained until mid afternoon appointment.

Sexyfothermucker Sun 12-Feb-17 19:29:48

Mum mum. She's halfway through chemo for an aggressive form of breast cancer, then she's got to have radiotherapy for three weeks.
She's also having a test to see if she's carrying a gene that caused this particular cancer. If she is, then me and my brother have to be screened for it too. So I'm selfishly worrying about myself for that one.

Eldest Ds has just got over a horrible viral cold/flu thing and now dh has it too. He's had it over a week and is getting no better. Just moping around feeling sorry for himself. Youngest ds has had this also.

I want to run away!....

Molly333 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:35:44

So glad I'm not the only person worrying x

wheezles Sun 12-Feb-17 19:40:24

My son. He's 6 and displays all the mental health problems I have.

UnbornMortificado Sun 12-Feb-17 19:44:22

Loads.

PG but I've had a few late losses so I'm not going to relax for another 20 weeks.

DD1 has just had her appendix out and I'm worried about infection.

I've just stopped DD2's contact with her dad and his mother. I was advised to by SS for extremely valid reasons but I feel so sad for DD that he couldn't just sort himself out and be a decent parent and I know why his mother couldn't put her granddaughters safety over her sons needs angry

Apart from that I'm grand.

nibblingfingernails Sun 12-Feb-17 19:54:20

I am in between 2 operations (had the 1st one over 2 months ago and still waiting for the date of the 2nd one!), I am worrying that I may have to wait longer for 2nd op what with all the NHS in the news at the moment! Also, I have to keep the site where I had clean, dry and dressed (with dressings that the hospital provided me with). I only have 1 dressing left, googled them tonight and the dressings that I have been using are about £30 for 10. The hospital is about 80 miles away so can't just pop in there. I really can't afford £30 so am toying with asking GP to write a prescription. I am on low income so do qualify for free prescriptions. My dressing needs to be changed every 3/4 days.

I desperately want this operation to happen sooner rather than later, haven't had a bath or shower now in 10 weeks! (I love my bathes) But am still waiting for a date.

Molly333 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:17:43

Defo go to the GP and get the dressings . These are necessary and should be provided , probably best to see the nurse as they are good with dressings

atheistmantis Mon 13-Feb-17 06:57:38

Going to work....I don't want to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now