Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

how much water should i be drinking per day without drowning myself??

(10 Posts)
Biglips Wed 28-Feb-07 11:52:52

as since ive had my dd - ive noticed as im a sahm, on days that i stay in i drink alot of tea which is bad for me as i know..but last nite i had a banging headache thru dehydration - not too bad today but ive been drinking water today

thanks

ThisFrogIsGonnaWhoopYouAss Wed 28-Feb-07 11:55:16

supposed to drink 8 glasses a day. I find it easy to do when at work as have a bottle of water on my desk, but harder to do at home.

Beetrootccio Wed 28-Feb-07 11:55:38

2 L

LadyMacbeth Wed 28-Feb-07 11:56:02

2 litres a day is recommended. Fine if you've access to the loo but if you're like me and dashing here there and everywhere it can be a real pain. Try to ensure you have at least three or four largish glasses and I'm sure you'll be fine.

PS. The drinking tea all day as a SAHM is meant to be kept a secret.

Beetrootccio Wed 28-Feb-07 11:56:47

you get used to drinking 2l in a short amount of time though

LadyMacbeth Wed 28-Feb-07 11:57:45

True, once you start drinking lots of water your body wakes up to the craving more and you thirst for it more than ever.

totaleclipse Wed 28-Feb-07 11:58:11

Yes, your need to go to the loo will reduce, and your skin will glow

totaleclipse Wed 28-Feb-07 11:59:13

Yeah, its funny how you crave it, its like an addiction.....a healthy one.

Biglips Wed 28-Feb-07 12:16:03

yes i remember when i used to work there used to be a bottle of water tank in the room and i never had any teas as it was manky but hey ho!...i do need to start drinking more

thanks xx

JackieNo Wed 28-Feb-07 12:19:48

According to this BBC programme you don't need to drink as much as that. It said on the programme that the 2l thing had been taken out of context , and that the guideline was that we needed 2 litres of water a day, most of which we got from food. But I do feel better when I drink water rather than coffee all day, so I don't really know what to believe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: