Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

My husband has a rash between his testes and anus

(19 Posts)
sarahbaby12 Sat 11-Feb-17 20:40:27

He will not go to the doctor because he says that it is to embarrassing. The rash looks like a few cuts and is red. I have a picture of it if necessary.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 11-Feb-17 20:42:32

I'd try the athletes foot Canesten?

Ilovecaindingle Sat 11-Feb-17 20:44:00

Lets hurry with a remedy ladies before the photos appear!!

Juveniledelinquent Sat 11-Feb-17 20:45:18

Sounds like thrush, so Canesten is a good suggestion.

OnHold Sat 11-Feb-17 20:45:21

No need for a picture.

Tell him to try lamisil.

missyB1 Sat 11-Feb-17 20:45:54

Could well be fungal they do sweat a bit in that region. I second the suggestion of canestan.

sarahbaby12 Sat 11-Feb-17 20:46:45

no worries. i will not post a picture. thank you all

mollyblack Sat 11-Feb-17 20:47:20

Its probably jock itch

SealSong Sat 11-Feb-17 20:48:54

God please don't post a picture! Just tell him to man up and go to the doctors..the Dr will have seen it all before.
If he absolutely refuses to go to the Dr, an anti-fungal cream from the chemist is a good place to start.

sarahbaby12 Sat 11-Feb-17 20:50:52

he says it does not ever itch or hurt. its just very weird

MollyHuaCha Sat 11-Feb-17 22:14:42

Er... no pic pls. It's prob thrush. Buy Canestan at supermarket or pharmacy. Wash bedsheets and towels at 60 degrees and he should have a clean towel each time he showers. It's highly contagious so take care.

Tanfastic Sat 11-Feb-17 22:53:38

Germoline. Bloody brilliant stuff. I whack it on everything that needs healing and it works wonders.

tobecontinued2000 Sat 11-Feb-17 23:23:13

It could just be severe sweat rash. Is he particularly hairy there?

Wash and dry the area with a hairdryer and leave it to let the air get to it.

You could pop into the pharmacy to get a cream, I'm not sure which one would be best.

Ihatethedailymail1 Sat 11-Feb-17 23:30:24

If it does not itch or hurt, how did he find it??!! The mind boggles!

As I clicked on this thread I was saying to myself, please don't let there be a photo, as it loaded!

teentraumas Sat 11-Feb-17 23:34:40

Like a poster said further up, jock itch, or jock rot blush
Lamisil way more effective than canestan for jock itch

As a skin specialist nurse I spend way too much time diagnosing rashes there confused

Leggit Sat 11-Feb-17 23:43:36

Does he suffer from psoriasis?

Eragonsegg Sat 11-Feb-17 23:44:57

grin at no pic please it's like the opposite of 'normal' MN!

TheoriginalLEM Sat 11-Feb-17 23:48:40

Probably a sweat rash. but they are often uncomfortable. Get him to try some anti fungal cream or some hydrocortisone cream.

HecateAntaia Sat 11-Feb-17 23:54:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: